UKScrappers are hosting a project a day for Christmas. I'm sure you will agree there have been some fabulous ideas so far.
Remember you have to do the following to be in with a chance of winning a prize:
- Visit the UKS Home Page every morning to see that days project click the link to get the tutorial.
- Comment on each of the blogs ). Remember to leave your UKS username. If the project is not on a blog you are allowed a free pass on that one.
- Then comment on the UKS thread after the 23rd of December. We will compare the commenters in the UKS thread to the blog comments after the 25th and the prize winner will be announced on New Year's Eve.
You will need:
air dry clay
stamp of your choice
shaped cookie cutter
fine sand paper
1. Roll out the clay to about 4mm thickness
2. Push the rubber stamp into the clay
3. Use the cookie cutter to cut the shape of the ornament. I chose to cut out mine so that half of the shape had the debossed image. I just think it makes it a bit more interesting.4. Make a hole at the top of the ornament, this needs to be done while the clay is still wet. I used the top off a pen to make my holes.
5. Leave overnight to dry out, make sure it has dried out completely. Smooth any rough edges with a fine sand paper.
Give it a couple of coats of paint, I used a pearl white acrylic. When the paint is dry, thread ribbon through the hole and hang on the tree for everybody to admire.
You can use plenty of different shapes here is another version I have made, This one was painted gold and decorated with bells and twine.