Skip to main content

Something a bit different

So is everybody in the UK enjoying this heat wave, I most definitely am. I love it. I love it even more because I have two weeks off work to make the most of it. I never have two weeks off together, usually a week is enough but this time I wanted longer so I didn't feel I had to rush and get everything done. Today I mostly spent in the garden cutting the grass and tidying everything up, then I had a brain wave and washed the wooden furniture with the intention of treating it later in the week. Within half an hour I decided to go ahead and oil it straight away. So much for me taking my time over everything that needs doing, however the garden looks pristine now and I can make full  use of it over the next two weeks. 
This flurry of activity means I haven't done much crafting but thankfully I have a back log of work that can be posted.
Before Christmas Lynn from the Craft box gave me a box (not meant to be funny but it is) and said see what you can do with that. It was a plain wooden box with some 6 x 6 frames inside it. I took it home and looked at it for a couple of months, then I painted it grey and looked at it for another month. I then decided to crackle it and distress it to make it look a bit vintagey/shabby. I then felt so guilty that I hadn't done anymore than paint it so I decorated the top and added a fancy handle to open it with. Done..............well the outside was I then had to do something inside. So I used some old black and white photos and made some small flower arrangements using the vine method from my tutorial here. Then I tied all the frames together with some pretty gingham bows and then it was done. This can now be seen in real life as its on display at the shop.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vine Tutorial

On Monday morning I took part in the UKScrappers blog hop, who would have predicted the response to the flowers I had made for the layout. In particular the rose vine. I was flabbergasted, but promised I would let everybody know how I had done it. If anybody does make one of these vines please could you credit me and if posted in a blog I would appreciate a link back to me.
I was absolutely inspired by the gorgeous Prima vines, I have purchased many but due to the cost they remain in my stash, I am too frightened to use them because they are not cheap. They fall into the category of  'waiting for a special projrect'. This made me challenge myself to see if i could make something similar.
 Firstly you will need to gather your supplies
Florist wiresflorist paper tapepaper flowers - they need to have a 'tail' on them, I used these card stock to make leaveseither a leaf punch or die to cut leaves, I used these distress ink Cut as many leaves as you think you will need and ink …

Stuck?

Over the last few years sources one of my favourite sources of inspiration and a 'go to' for getting your creativity going again has become Pinterest. I think I use it almost as much as google. I recently saw this layout and knew I wanted to lift it. Here is the result

I loved its simplicity and I was able to use a photo that is almost 30 years old. See those scrabble type tiles, Ive had them years and was happy I could use some on here.

Guest Designer

Over on the Scrap Addicts Blog I am the last guest designer for this month. There has been a series of layouts posted this month based on the theme of large photos. My 'go to' photo size is the standard 6x4"but I also favour 3x4" for layouts with multiple photos. 
When I do use larger photos I like them to be at a stage in my scrapbook that shows a change in topic or location, almost like a new chapter.
I chose a very large photo 8 x 10 for this layout, with a large image like this all of the decorating can be lined up on one side but to make everything link up I like to overlap onto the photo.
I had the layout all planned in my mind but by the time I finished it I had taken it apart and then put together again three times! It was almost finished and i dropped glue onto the photo, so I had another photo printed and when I stuck it down the torch and arm had been cropped off the image. So third time lucky getting the photo right.
Playing the America theme I painted strip…