Skip to main content

Altered Matchbox

I was looking through my photos today and realised I hadn't posted this. The recent Scrapstars retreat I went to had a pre-retreat challenge to decorate a match box, we then has to fill it with crafting goodies. The boxes were all judged and then swapped. I can tell you this was a real challenge for me I ruined two boxes before I came up with one that I thought was presentable. I knew I wanted to use a crackle effect on my box and this was my first attempt. It looked like a big dog poo and went straight in the bin. I used a mushroom coloured paint and then painted it with crackle glaze. I didn't realise it was a top coat that I had bought and I really wanted one that would go in between two layers of paint.
I gave it another go and bought a crackle medium this time and came up with this


Comments

Lindsay said…
WoW! That is beautiful! Great work :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vine Tutorial

On Monday morning I took part in the UKScrappers blog hop, who would have predicted the response to the flowers I had made for the layout. In particular the rose vine. I was flabbergasted, but promised I would let everybody know how I had done it. If anybody does make one of these vines please could you credit me and if posted in a blog I would appreciate a link back to me.
I was absolutely inspired by the gorgeous Prima vines, I have purchased many but due to the cost they remain in my stash, I am too frightened to use them because they are not cheap. They fall into the category of  'waiting for a special projrect'. This made me challenge myself to see if i could make something similar.
 Firstly you will need to gather your supplies
Florist wiresflorist paper tapepaper flowers - they need to have a 'tail' on them, I used these card stock to make leaveseither a leaf punch or die to cut leaves, I used these distress ink Cut as many leaves as you think you will need and ink …

Stuck?

Over the last few years sources one of my favourite sources of inspiration and a 'go to' for getting your creativity going again has become Pinterest. I think I use it almost as much as google. I recently saw this layout and knew I wanted to lift it. Here is the result

I loved its simplicity and I was able to use a photo that is almost 30 years old. See those scrabble type tiles, Ive had them years and was happy I could use some on here.

Guest Designer

Over on the Scrap Addicts Blog I am the last guest designer for this month. There has been a series of layouts posted this month based on the theme of large photos. My 'go to' photo size is the standard 6x4"but I also favour 3x4" for layouts with multiple photos. 
When I do use larger photos I like them to be at a stage in my scrapbook that shows a change in topic or location, almost like a new chapter.
I chose a very large photo 8 x 10 for this layout, with a large image like this all of the decorating can be lined up on one side but to make everything link up I like to overlap onto the photo.
I had the layout all planned in my mind but by the time I finished it I had taken it apart and then put together again three times! It was almost finished and i dropped glue onto the photo, so I had another photo printed and when I stuck it down the torch and arm had been cropped off the image. So third time lucky getting the photo right.
Playing the America theme I painted strip…