Skip to main content

Adventures Recorded

I was lucky enough during my late twenties and thirties to be able to travel a lot, it was during this time that I learnt how to use an SLR camera. The camera was a film one and until the films were developed you never knew if you'd got that perfect shot. I have spent quite a lot of time scanning these pictures so that I now have a digital version.
I have for a long time wanted to make a page that would include some of my favourite pictures all together, but there were so many it was difficult.
This year Heidi Swapp has released a new idea and product using file folders to make more interactive pages. I was a bit sceptical at first but it did inspire me to have a go at making my own. I'm really not sure about the file box, this one will go into my scrapbook as normal. As the front and back pages are not interactive, I will split a page protector along the side and bottom and sew it to the page. Here it is
the inside page
  
the double layout with the extra page in the middle, this has been machine stitched in the middle and then stuck together so it is a flap
two of these are mini books on this page, the first is a flip up book

the other side of the flap
and another mini book, I have to think of a way of holding this one together so it doesn't unfold each time you open the page.
inside the back cover
 
 and the outside back page
I have really enjoyed making this, its a great way of recording an event all on one page, or a large number of photos, this one has 46 photos on it.

Comments

Jojorenee said…
I love how you used the October Afternoon papers for your travel photos. Super pages!!!
Caroline Lovett said…
Lesson please, i have these papers too, I know I saw it in it's infancy at the retreat, but can't remember how your put it together, it looks FAB Kathy, love it. :)
scrappyjen said…
Really inspirational project. I love the interactivity.

Popular posts from this blog

Vine Tutorial

On Monday morning I took part in the UKScrappers blog hop, who would have predicted the response to the flowers I had made for the layout. In particular the rose vine. I was flabbergasted, but promised I would let everybody know how I had done it. If anybody does make one of these vines please could you credit me and if posted in a blog I would appreciate a link back to me.
I was absolutely inspired by the gorgeous Prima vines, I have purchased many but due to the cost they remain in my stash, I am too frightened to use them because they are not cheap. They fall into the category of  'waiting for a special projrect'. This made me challenge myself to see if i could make something similar.
 Firstly you will need to gather your supplies
Florist wiresflorist paper tapepaper flowers - they need to have a 'tail' on them, I used these card stock to make leaveseither a leaf punch or die to cut leaves, I used these distress ink Cut as many leaves as you think you will need and ink …

Stuck?

Over the last few years sources one of my favourite sources of inspiration and a 'go to' for getting your creativity going again has become Pinterest. I think I use it almost as much as google. I recently saw this layout and knew I wanted to lift it. Here is the result

I loved its simplicity and I was able to use a photo that is almost 30 years old. See those scrabble type tiles, Ive had them years and was happy I could use some on here.

Guest Designer

Over on the Scrap Addicts Blog I am the last guest designer for this month. There has been a series of layouts posted this month based on the theme of large photos. My 'go to' photo size is the standard 6x4"but I also favour 3x4" for layouts with multiple photos. 
When I do use larger photos I like them to be at a stage in my scrapbook that shows a change in topic or location, almost like a new chapter.
I chose a very large photo 8 x 10 for this layout, with a large image like this all of the decorating can be lined up on one side but to make everything link up I like to overlap onto the photo.
I had the layout all planned in my mind but by the time I finished it I had taken it apart and then put together again three times! It was almost finished and i dropped glue onto the photo, so I had another photo printed and when I stuck it down the torch and arm had been cropped off the image. So third time lucky getting the photo right.
Playing the America theme I painted strip…