Skip to main content

Project 12 - August

The colder weather is  making me feel like I should be making my Christmas cards, so for these colder evenings I've stamped out a few images and I'm having some big girl colouring sessions. I've promised myself that I will not buy any more Christmas papers, I have enough to make cards and pages for the next 5 years. I must Not give in! I went through my scrap box and there is enough in there to make at least a dozen cards. It is all going to be used before I cut into a new piece of paper. Come back later this week to see what I make.
As September grows nearer I have completed my August page for Project 12 over on the Scrapbook & Cards Today Blog. The weather is definitely growing colder but I refuse to put the heating on in the house just yet, I've just pulled out a cardigan for the time being. The sketch for August was a little bit different with only three photos on it. I wanted to record a lovely day I had recently with my friend in Tropical World, but it was difficult to choose only three pictures. I had some smaller pictures printed and hey presto My favourite pictures all fitted on.
Here is the sketch
and here is my page

Comments

theelfqueen said…
This is so cute! Fantastic colors And I really like the ribbon, too!
Jen said…
The colors ARE lovely

Popular posts from this blog

Vine Tutorial

On Monday morning I took part in the UKScrappers blog hop, who would have predicted the response to the flowers I had made for the layout. In particular the rose vine. I was flabbergasted, but promised I would let everybody know how I had done it. If anybody does make one of these vines please could you credit me and if posted in a blog I would appreciate a link back to me.
I was absolutely inspired by the gorgeous Prima vines, I have purchased many but due to the cost they remain in my stash, I am too frightened to use them because they are not cheap. They fall into the category of  'waiting for a special projrect'. This made me challenge myself to see if i could make something similar.
 Firstly you will need to gather your supplies
Florist wiresflorist paper tapepaper flowers - they need to have a 'tail' on them, I used these card stock to make leaveseither a leaf punch or die to cut leaves, I used these distress ink Cut as many leaves as you think you will need and ink …

Lost Contact

I've had no telephone or broadband since I last posted, isn't it amazing how we become so used to something then when it's taken away we can't live without it. I had made a few pages and cards to post but then no broadband. AAAGH! Anyway a lovely man came out today and it's all fixed, that nasty jack frost had caused the wires to break, fortunately it was outside or it would have cost me money. I spent my time wisely, I purged and organised. I've only had my craft room for 10 months and OMG what a mess. I have so much rubbish that I bought thinking it was a great bargain and haven't used,like cheap glitter glue coming out of my ears. I have every colour of Stickles that I love and always use, so why did I waste money on cheap stuff, anyway no more its gone. (Well actually its laying at the top of the stairs waiting to be boxed up and given away.) I've also outed a pile of punches, I don't need them now that I have my beloved Cricut, why oh why did …

Birthday Cards for Men

Cards for men really are quite difficult, so when I find a colour combination that isn't just blue and can work for men I use it. One of my favourite combinations is a bright blue, bright red and white. I think its modern and bright. Over the last weekend I made a few cards with this colour scheme, those of you who visit me regularly will also know I like simple. We have worked our way through all the previous cards I made for the boys at work so another batch was called for beginning with this one.