Skip to main content

Pencil lines challenge 133

At last I've had my ears syringed, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as it was last time. Admittedly that was about 20 years ago but it left a lasting impression. This time they put a little probe in my ear that was attached to a machine and this passed the water into my ear with a bit of a vibration. It wasn't at all uncomfortable and just sounded like bubbles in my ear. Everything is so loud now. Part of the problem is my ear canals are very small, the nurse even had to go and find a piece for the thing they look in your ear with, that was for a child. It's a pity the rest of my body isn't like that!
Here is this weeks entry for the pencil lines challenge 133. Since the bedroom flooded in January I have been methodically peeling the photos out of all of my albums that got damp. So far I think only one is very damaged, unfortunately it's one of the Kenya albums. It's been quite a job so far and I'm only half way through, but was has happened is that I'm revisiting all my trips and finding some lovely photos. I know they are there but as I have thousands of pictures I don't often look through them all. Isn't that the point of scrapbooking so that only the best and favourites are highlighted? For this weeks challenge I came across these pictures taken over two trips to Hong Kong.

I'm loving the core'dinations, whitewash cardstock, it's behind the photos on this layout. I've embossed it with the cuttlebug and sanded it to reveal the lemon core. Loving it long time (well until I find something else to love).


suebaru said…
Love how you used this sketch,thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

Vine Tutorial

On Monday morning I took part in the UKScrappers blog hop, who would have predicted the response to the flowers I had made for the layout. In particular the rose vine. I was flabbergasted, but promised I would let everybody know how I had done it. If anybody does make one of these vines please could you credit me and if posted in a blog I would appreciate a link back to me.
I was absolutely inspired by the gorgeous Prima vines, I have purchased many but due to the cost they remain in my stash, I am too frightened to use them because they are not cheap. They fall into the category of  'waiting for a special projrect'. This made me challenge myself to see if i could make something similar.
 Firstly you will need to gather your supplies
Florist wiresflorist paper tapepaper flowers - they need to have a 'tail' on them, I used these card stock to make leaveseither a leaf punch or die to cut leaves, I used these distress ink Cut as many leaves as you think you will need and ink …


Over the last few years sources one of my favourite sources of inspiration and a 'go to' for getting your creativity going again has become Pinterest. I think I use it almost as much as google. I recently saw this layout and knew I wanted to lift it. Here is the result

I loved its simplicity and I was able to use a photo that is almost 30 years old. See those scrabble type tiles, Ive had them years and was happy I could use some on here.

Guest Designer

Over on the Scrap Addicts Blog I am the last guest designer for this month. There has been a series of layouts posted this month based on the theme of large photos. My 'go to' photo size is the standard 6x4"but I also favour 3x4" for layouts with multiple photos. 
When I do use larger photos I like them to be at a stage in my scrapbook that shows a change in topic or location, almost like a new chapter.
I chose a very large photo 8 x 10 for this layout, with a large image like this all of the decorating can be lined up on one side but to make everything link up I like to overlap onto the photo.
I had the layout all planned in my mind but by the time I finished it I had taken it apart and then put together again three times! It was almost finished and i dropped glue onto the photo, so I had another photo printed and when I stuck it down the torch and arm had been cropped off the image. So third time lucky getting the photo right.
Playing the America theme I painted strip…