Skip to main content

Penny Black meets Allsorts

I am not one for combining challenges, I do see it as a bit of a cheat. It's easy to make a challenge fit a card for butterflies by saying there's a butterfly sitting on Tilda's shoe! But if you think about it, it doesn't really does it? The focus is really the Tilda and not the butterfly. That's why I like the rules on the Penny Black Challenge Blog they are very clear, the focus of the card MUST be a Penny Black stamp. The Allsorts Challenge Blog has rules as well, the card can be entered in as many challenges as possible but it MUST follow the weeks theme. Both blogs don't mind combining with other challenges. Rules are good because there's no misunderstanding. I have to admire cardmakers who make cards fit as many as 10 challenges, how is it done? Well I realised today that I had combined two challenges. I put out the things I wanted to use for my two challenges and made up a card for the first one. When I looked at it I had actually used everything that was out and that was intended for both cards. I am therefore entering a card into two challenges this week. My goodness what must I have needed out on my counter to combine 10 challenges? It was fun but accidental and I stuck to the rules!
This card was made for Penny Blacks Lets get Punchy and on Allsorts they asked that the card have Animals as the focus.

Comments

Cynthia said…
Hi Kathy
Totally agree with you about multiple challenges, it takes me all my time just to get the PBSC one done. I like sticking to the guidlines too. Love your cute card.
Cheers
Cynthia
Beth said…
Such a sweet card Kathy, this image is so fun and the border across the bottom is beautiful! And no rules broken! ;-) Thanks for joining in with the PB challenge!

Love Beth xx
brenda said…
Hi Kathy

Something accidents turn out to be the best cards and this one certainly is adorable with that lovely image.

Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x
Tonje said…
Fun and colorful card! Lovely!!
Kirsten said…
Lovely card love the cute image and the colouring is fabulous...x
Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

Popular posts from this blog

Vine Tutorial

On Monday morning I took part in the UKScrappers blog hop, who would have predicted the response to the flowers I had made for the layout. In particular the rose vine. I was flabbergasted, but promised I would let everybody know how I had done it. If anybody does make one of these vines please could you credit me and if posted in a blog I would appreciate a link back to me.
I was absolutely inspired by the gorgeous Prima vines, I have purchased many but due to the cost they remain in my stash, I am too frightened to use them because they are not cheap. They fall into the category of  'waiting for a special projrect'. This made me challenge myself to see if i could make something similar.
 Firstly you will need to gather your supplies
Florist wiresflorist paper tapepaper flowers - they need to have a 'tail' on them, I used these card stock to make leaveseither a leaf punch or die to cut leaves, I used these distress ink Cut as many leaves as you think you will need and ink …

Lost Contact

I've had no telephone or broadband since I last posted, isn't it amazing how we become so used to something then when it's taken away we can't live without it. I had made a few pages and cards to post but then no broadband. AAAGH! Anyway a lovely man came out today and it's all fixed, that nasty jack frost had caused the wires to break, fortunately it was outside or it would have cost me money. I spent my time wisely, I purged and organised. I've only had my craft room for 10 months and OMG what a mess. I have so much rubbish that I bought thinking it was a great bargain and haven't used,like cheap glitter glue coming out of my ears. I have every colour of Stickles that I love and always use, so why did I waste money on cheap stuff, anyway no more its gone. (Well actually its laying at the top of the stairs waiting to be boxed up and given away.) I've also outed a pile of punches, I don't need them now that I have my beloved Cricut, why oh why did …

Birthday Cards for Men

Cards for men really are quite difficult, so when I find a colour combination that isn't just blue and can work for men I use it. One of my favourite combinations is a bright blue, bright red and white. I think its modern and bright. Over the last weekend I made a few cards with this colour scheme, those of you who visit me regularly will also know I like simple. We have worked our way through all the previous cards I made for the boys at work so another batch was called for beginning with this one.