Skip to main content

Next stop Oxford Street

I have today off work, and do I need it. Originally I should have been in Cambridge at the Scrapping Angels Retreat, but when I came out of hospital I realised I wouldn't be able to drive for 2 hours or carry my  bags and crafting supplies. I was gutted, but there is a silver lining. Anna who organises the retreat is stuck in Florida because of the volcano, so the retreat was cancelled. I have to say its my silver lining not everybody  elses, How gutting for all the other ladies though that were going. This means when it is rearranged I will be able to go, YAY! and I could put my all into the Cybercrop.
My next two stops on the Monoploy board just need a bit of tweaking so I'll show you Oxford Street hosted by Bexter, this was a biggy project. The technique here was the glimmer mists that seem to have gone everywhere, even though I covereed everythiong with newspaper. Never mind it was well worth the effort and mess. I took me ages and I tweaked it last night so that I can put it on the wall. The estimated time for completion was 2 hours. Not in my world it took me a good three hours and then some tweaking was still needed. This is definatly one for my wall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vine Tutorial

On Monday morning I took part in the UKScrappers blog hop, who would have predicted the response to the flowers I had made for the layout. In particular the rose vine. I was flabbergasted, but promised I would let everybody know how I had done it. If anybody does make one of these vines please could you credit me and if posted in a blog I would appreciate a link back to me.
I was absolutely inspired by the gorgeous Prima vines, I have purchased many but due to the cost they remain in my stash, I am too frightened to use them because they are not cheap. They fall into the category of  'waiting for a special projrect'. This made me challenge myself to see if i could make something similar.
 Firstly you will need to gather your supplies
Florist wiresflorist paper tapepaper flowers - they need to have a 'tail' on them, I used these card stock to make leaveseither a leaf punch or die to cut leaves, I used these distress ink Cut as many leaves as you think you will need and ink …

Lost Contact

I've had no telephone or broadband since I last posted, isn't it amazing how we become so used to something then when it's taken away we can't live without it. I had made a few pages and cards to post but then no broadband. AAAGH! Anyway a lovely man came out today and it's all fixed, that nasty jack frost had caused the wires to break, fortunately it was outside or it would have cost me money. I spent my time wisely, I purged and organised. I've only had my craft room for 10 months and OMG what a mess. I have so much rubbish that I bought thinking it was a great bargain and haven't used,like cheap glitter glue coming out of my ears. I have every colour of Stickles that I love and always use, so why did I waste money on cheap stuff, anyway no more its gone. (Well actually its laying at the top of the stairs waiting to be boxed up and given away.) I've also outed a pile of punches, I don't need them now that I have my beloved Cricut, why oh why did …

Birthday Cards for Men

Cards for men really are quite difficult, so when I find a colour combination that isn't just blue and can work for men I use it. One of my favourite combinations is a bright blue, bright red and white. I think its modern and bright. Over the last weekend I made a few cards with this colour scheme, those of you who visit me regularly will also know I like simple. We have worked our way through all the previous cards I made for the boys at work so another batch was called for beginning with this one.